At Simon-Erdős School of Design Sciences (“DESC”), a Fellow of Design Sciences is often selected and granted on the basis of his or her impressive accomplishments such as influential research, a compelling digital entrepreneurial idea or beautiful knowledge artistic work. This is awarded to scholars who have executed a great idea for a digital entrepreneurial work, and they are granted on the basis of research-academic credentials
Junior Fellow Program
Senior Fellow Program
Application and Document submission deadline
- March 31 (for Sept/Oct Fall admission)
- September 30 (for Mar/Apr Spring admission)
- Spring and Fall
- Junior Fellow (JF)
- Senior Fellow (SF)
- Simon Post-Doc. Fellow (FDS)
- Product/Service/Function Design
- Software/Application Development
- AI/ML Fellow Research
- Quntum-Optical Post-Doctoral Fellow
(See Eligibility Section For More Information)
- A four-year Honors Bachelor degree, preferably in STEM subjects, preferably with a significant physics, statistics and/or mathematical sciences component.
- An overall above average from a local recognized School and Institution (or its equivalent)
- At least three-years working experience in selected member companies, but not necessary
- An interview may be required.
- Supplementary information form
- Application fee
- Number of references: 3
- Type of references: normally from your last academic institution or last place of work industry, preferably immediate supervisor
English language proficiency (ELP)
Participants must complete a digital proto-type development and research paper that will be given a numeric grade which appears on the transcript beside the milestone.
Scientists, engineers and designers try to understand the behavior of humans and machines as complex systems formed by large numbers – like particles in solids, liquids, and complex biological molecules. And, those who fill this niche of designing high-frequency, distributed and de-centralized data-intensive systems are, and will continue to be, in high demand
We support the team capacity-building required to take the global stage. We equip Fellows with sciences and technologies, educational programming and peer support. We connect Fellows to a global network of peers and industry leaders because the only way to succeed is together. A Fellow of Design Sciences cannot only make it easier to afford advanced education, but also help bolster your professional credentials.
Participants are expected to join to the Simon-Erdős School of Design Sciences Fellowship for a period of 16-20 months program on science and technological aspects of digitalization – a progressive learning-by-research approach.
You can also gain two years of paid work experience through an on-going Research program at STATGRAF Research, the one-of-its-kind research-academy program, or fast track your fellowship by choosing the regular system of study.
Your fellowship is your ticket to secure, advance and position your leadership in your entrepreneurial career. Ranging from the applied to the financial speculative, and from the sensors to the experience, the work of the program illuminates subjects such as artificial intelligence, architectural robotics, digital fabrication, simulation, computational geometry, responsive environments, and shape grammars — as well as embodied and tangible forms of design interaction, fabrication, and experience-expression. We would also provide supports to our fellows go on to work in leading product, service and technology companies around the world. The DESC industry faculties and partners will also help create start-ups and spin-off companies.